Introduction to Systematic Layout Planning and Work Cell Design
Systematic Layout Planning, an approach developed by Dr. Richard Muther, is a team-based process that uses actual data to determine the most effective and efficient layout possible. Systematic Layout Planning is recognized throughout the world as the most organized way to develop layout plans in any situation including factories, hospitals and offices. The second portion of this workshop, you will be introduced to different work cell configurations, when they are used and the advantages and disadvantages of each. Through classroom discussion and exercises you will be shown how to design and balance a work cell for optimum performance.
The workshop is invaluable for those companies who must:
- Add major new equipment or capacity
- Rearrange for better material flow and throughput
- Expand or consolidate facilities
- Implement work cells and Lean manufacturing
- Implement new warehousing methods, processes, and systems
- Rearrange teams for more effective office communications
The benefits of an improved layout are:
- Department footprint reduced
- Unit production increased
- Output per shift increased
- Maintenance of quality, reducing costs and maintaining the integrity of the product
Who Should Attend – company decision makers, plant managers, operations managers, facility managers, presidents, shop supervisors and Lean champions.