The Changing Role of Managers
This session is designed for middle managers, supervisors and front line leads who manage others while reporting to senior leadership.
The session content will focus on:
- Creating a highly engaged work environment – You will understand the six dimensions of the work environment, and what it takes to create a highly positively charged workplace that will maximize discretionary effort and thus performance.
- Learning what your leadership styles are/are not and the implications – You will take a self assessment that will let you know which of the 6 major leadership styles are in your comfort zone, or not, and create a development plan to increase your leadership flexibility.
- Growing and developing your direct reports – Learn a development planning process that will ensure that you give your direct reports the growth and development they need to build their capability, confidence, and commitment.
- Giving constructive feedback – Knowing when, how and what to say, can make the difference between being seen as a helpful manager or not. Learn the tips to make these conversations go much easier.
This class will be customized for the level of the audience. Each attendee will perform a self-assessment of their leadership style, as well as be provided a workbook for their own continued development. There is no pre-work. VMEC will offer a follow-on facilitated webinar approximately 20 – 30 days following the event to support learning.
Instructor: Jack Mastrianni is a business consultant who helps organizations succeed by fully maximizing the effectiveness of its leaders at all levels. His business experience includes 25 years in several Fortune 500 companies, such as Gillette, Procter and Gamble, Duracell, Readers Digest and MCI. His work experience and consulting focus is in the areas of Leadership and Organizational Development and Change Management.
Jack is the founder and Principal of Sustainable Growth Partners (SGP), which he formed in 2006. He is also a senior consultant for the GlobalEDG consulting company where he specializes in strategic thinking and decision making. Jack also is a contractor for the Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center. His clients include : Avon, PepsiCo, Green Mt Coffee Roasters, Branson, Maple Landmark, White Wave Foods, Stanley Black and Decker, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Institute, Energizer, Millipore, Fidelity, Timex, Staples, TJX and Proctor and Gamble. SGP’s mission is to enable organizations to do the right things, consistently well, in sustainable ways.
Jack’s areas of expertise include:
- Facilitating senior leadership teams to identify, plan, and execute their vision, values and strategies and build supportive systems, processes and culture
- Coaching leaders and teams at all levels to develop a greater awareness of themselves and their impact upon others and the organization
- Working with project and leadership teams to understand and apply a process to lead and sustain major change initiatives
Payment: Please make check payable to “VMEC” and mail to PO Box 12, Randolph Center, VT 05061-0012. To pay by credit card (VISA, MC, AMEX), click here.