Saturday, November 10 and 17, 2018
(both half days of this training must be attended, lunch is included in both sessions)
Note: The event is being held at Appalachian Engineered Flooring to offer participants the opportunity to work on a real setup issue and apply the learning in real time.
* Please refer to grant funding opportunities at bottom of this page for companies located in the Northeast Kingdom region of Vermont.
Quick changeovers increase flexibility and improve production flow, enabling companies to meet on-time delivery requirements and rapidly respond to changing customer needs, without building up costly inventory. VMEC’s Set-up Reduction training builds on the principles of Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) to dramatically lessen or eliminate changeover time, and to provide consistent and accurate changeovers. This Just-In-Time methodology has proven effective in reducing turnaround time in all types of manufacturing, assembly and even service industries.
Day 1 – Participants will learn a systematic, low-cost, shop-floor method to minimize setups and improve setups dramatically. The training will show the benefits of set-up reduction and instruct how to implement a set-up reduction project, from selecting the focus to applying the methodology and measuring the results. Attendees will learn how to apply specific tools and techniques through real-world examples, and videos and exercises will be used to reinforce the training. An actual shop changeover will be recorded for analysis and improvement implementation.
Day 2 – The previously recorded changeover will be analyzed and improvements identified. Methodology to prioritize and select improvements will be presented and applied to the target area. A project plan will be developed to implement improvements to the changeover process and eliminate waste. Goals will be set for future state setups.
* The Northeastern Vermont Development Association (NVDA) and the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce (LCRCC) through the Vermont Quebec Enterprise Initiative agree to fund (50%) of VMEC’s fee, with funds from the Northern Border Regional Commission Grant provided the following conditions are met:
- There must be sign in sheets documenting attendance.
- The Company must be located in one of the following Vermont counties: Caledonia, Essex, or Orleans.
- The Company may not be using other funds from other Vermont or Federal agencies in addition to this Grant.
- The Company will complete a VMEC “Economic Impact Questionnaire” if requested by VMEC.
- Employees who register and attend will be invoiced at 50% of the posted event rate following the training. Cancellations less than 3 business days before the workshop and no shows will be invoiced the full workshop fee. Substitutions are encouraged to avoid cancellation fees.
Payment: Please make check payable to “VMEC” and mail to PO Box 12, Randolph Center, VT 05061-0012. To pay by credit card (VISA, MC, AMEX), click here.