Lean Accounting for Lean Manufacturing (Two-day Workshop)
Sponsored by: VMEC
Companies making the transition from traditional manufacturing to Lean soon find that relying on their conventional accounting, control, and measurement systems can become a road-block. Traditional product costing methods were designed for mass production and they can:
- Motivate non-lean behavior
- Be complex and expensive
- Not correctly show the full financial impact of Lean improvements
- Lead to poor decisions on issues such as pricing, profitability, make/buy, sourcing etc.
- Be so complicated that few people in the organization truly understand the information coming from these systems.
The purpose the 2-day Lean Accounting for Lean Manufacturing workshop is to provide an introduction to the methods of Lean Accounting that are designed to solve these problems. Lean Accounting:
- Actively supports the Lean transformation
- Helps grow the business by providing better information for decision-making
- Provides Lean-focused measurements and reporting that motivate lean change
- Shows the true financial impact of Lean improvement leading to growth and profitability.
- Provides information that is clear and understandable to everyone containing no obscure financial language
- Is itself Lean, simple, and low waste
The workshop is designed for a broad audience; not just accountants. The ideal audience includes operations people, lean specialist, accountants and controllers, and other key personnel like purchasing, IT, etc.
In this fast-paced workshop you will learn:
- Why traditional accounting does not fully support a Lean transformation
- The principle methods of Lean Accounting
- How to approach the implementation of Lean Accounting